Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pp is for People and their Job

We have had special guests come in and talk about their jobs (Dads).  We had a gecko breeder, two firefighters, a nurse, and in a few weeks we'll have a marine visit us.  We had a very fun week!  I took a ton of pictures, so be prepared! Update: the week of 4/15-19, our Marine Dad came in.  I added pictures below as well as in the "Jj is for Jungles" blog post.

Besides our special guest, we also learned about the letter Pp sound, wrote the letter Pp, built words that start with the letter Pp like pat, pin, pan,  reviewed the letter Dd phonics and writing, listened to books about people and their jobs in our communities, and played inside, since the weather has been wet.  For art, we colored pages that matched our special guest(s) and turned it into a thank you book/card for our special guests.  I asked the kids to take their time and not scribble scrabble, which can be hard for this age group, because they love to express themselves in their art.  I think they did a fine job!  For centers one day we played with puppets, because it starts with the letter p.  On another day we worked with patterns.  We also had a birthday party for one of our students!

I didn't separate the photos, since there are over 100!!!  However, I will make little comments when needed.  Enjoy!







My daughter did NOT like the gecko on her arm, she get upset :/.



I loved the gecko!! He is so neat.  I loved looking at his eye.  His skin feels like a new baby.


Getting a roach out to feed the gecko


















Matching numbers with the numbers on the rug.


"puppets" has 3 p's!!



working with patterns



I took out my husband's personal books and filled it with my preschool stuff that has overflowed into my office.  It's something I've wanted to do for a while.  Now the whole room is just for the preschool.  It's taken over a year to transition into this room.  Many more changes will occur as I expand my preschool to take in more students.






We couldn't play outside, so we played inside.











birthday boy passing out plates, napkins, and drinks.

pirate theme like the show "Jake and the Neverland Pirates".










second day working with patterns, so they made their pattern into snakes and are "being chased by snakes"!











The firefighter showed up what the loud sound would sound like, so if we hear it again, to not be afraid.









tap, tap, tap...now they know what a fish feels like in a fish tank.







When the firefighter left, we did some exercises like a firefighter to burn off some energy, since they didn't get to go outside due to weather and because they were getting squirrely towards the end of the demonstration.



push ups! "..98, 99, 100!!"



Their structure that they help fight the fire on.


Putting out the fire


"Men!!!"










The Dad was so sweet to bring t-shirts to the children!


He taught the children how to salute when there's a flag or when the National Anthem is being sung.

It rained, so we did some exercises inside.


Preschoolers doing pushups is so cute and funny.





I hope you enjoyed these photos!  This coming week, we'll learn about the letter Bb and the theme is balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment