Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Yy is for Yoga


On May 5th-9th, our theme was "Yy is for Yoga".  Originally, it was "Yy is for Yo-yo", but there aren't many books on the topic and working a yo-yo is frustrating for preschoolers and even me. 

We talked about stretching, finding peaceful moments to think, and dealing with stress, which all relate to yoga and is VERY relevant to preschoolers.  I was able to find some digital books to show on my ipad about conflict resolution and dealing with stress.  I also found a book about yoga poses. 

Because of the fact that I run a non-religious preschool class, I am very sensitive to the many beliefs. I know there can be a spiritual side to yoga, but we left that out.  We did yoga stretches and found moments to be still and quiet.

During this week, we also celebrated a couple of birthdays, wore our Cinco de Mayo hats (on Monday), played a sombrero capture the flag game, made our Parent Appreciation cards, and said good-bye to one of our friends.

Enjoy these photos (sorry they're late):

























































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment