Thursday, May 10, 2012

Qq is to queen as queen is to Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day, Moms!!  This week we learned about the letter Qq and it's sound.  Our theme this week was queens as well as Mother's Day.  We talked about how the moms are the queens of the house.

Our art project was to decorate a flower pot.  There are three paper inserts and the children chose which one they wanted to color.  If they want to color more, you can take the clear part off and pull out the other two inserts.  I ordered them through Oriental Trading Company (love this company).   We used markers to decorate the inserts.  On the second day, I taught the children how to repot a plant.  I pointed out that on the bag of potting soil are directions on how to repot a plant, so that even someone who has never done it before can feel and be successful.  I took some nice pictures  of the children working on the Mother's Day gifts.

For our books, I read The Princess and the Pea and The Princess and the Pizza.

In the Newsletter for May, I listed the centers that we will do.  I have changed that.  Since I'm testing your children, I am letting them have free choice on what to play with.  While they play, I test only on the areas they didn't master the last two test times.

This week we celebrated two birthdays.  The pictures for the birthday girl are posted.  I will post the pictures of the birthday boy next week.  Since I'm going camping for Mother's Day, I won't be able to post what we did on Friday.

Enjoy the pictures

coloring inserts that go into the Mother's Day flower pot







Putting potting soil into the Mother's Day pots

Repotting the flower
























No comments:

Post a Comment