Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Mm is for Me!

Our first letter for this school year is the letter Mm!  Our theme was "Me!".  We talked about our body parts, the parts that control our 5 senses, our feelings, and the differences and similarities between each other in class.

For art, we were supposed to draw our face, but that project tanked.  I had a feeling it would, because when it comes to drawing faces and people, children go through certain stages of development when it comes to manipulating a crayon/pencil.

Here's a picture from my favorite book on development Creative Art - for the Developing Child, by Clare Cherry, which explains very clearly why I have to go through certain stages with your child before I expect them to produce a face:



In my Tuesday/Thursday class, we work together in small groups (centers) and it's a great time to learn at the circle time chart.


 Here's a center where the children are working with the Metro Mags.


Here's a center where the children put cootie parts into playdo.


Here are some of our fun outdoor activities:




In one of our classes, we had a birthday!  We love birthdays!





I needed to take individual pictures of each child, but I had to show them off so that you can copy them for your own file.

















He is choosing from my box of gifts for his birthday.







I bought these new paint dotters which is great fun to dot up the letter M.


One of our centers was to make a mouse out of playdo, have the mouse trace the letter M to get to the muffin, and then to say, "Munch, munch, munch, /m/, /m/ good!"


Here's my circle time group as my friend: Mouse Mouse Mouse talks to them (yes all three of his names are "Mouse").


Here's my assistant telling the preschool a story with my new felt board and felt pieces!

This is the way your children line up to exit the preschool:  They sit down and grab a ring.  If we finish getting ready, early, we sing.  When it's time to go, we all stand up and then we slowly exit the building.



The next week is the letter Aa and the theme is Astronomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment