Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013


A huge part of early child development is socializing.  This is what I planned while I prepped the cards that were brought in for exchange. What I found very interesting was they weren't as in to or excited about socializing inside as they are at other times.  The reason why is because they were more excited about the party that they help contribute to.  They kept asking me when it will start.

Here are a couple of photos of them playing together.

They're playing "hide and seek".


On Monday and Tuesday, for art, the children painted a heavy paper plate with Valentine Day colors (pastels) and glitter.  When the paint all mixed up, most of the plates looked purple.

Here they are drying:


After the plates dried, I cut them out in the shape of a heart, put a note on the back that said, "I love you sew much", punched holes all around, and laced a lace through the top hole with a bead.  Then the children sewed around the heart as seen here:



Here are some more photos:








I got the idea from a magazine I subscribe to:








Finally, after the children played, they had their party!!!





You can't see what I saw, but I had to move all of the tables and chairs, get out my dogs to lick up the crumbs and then run the vacuum.

Here they come to lick up the crumbs!  Although, I later found out that one of my dogs stole a treat out of one the children's cubbies that they saved and were going to take home :(.


You will see some of the children helping by passing out the item they brought:





"VALENTINE"




When the party was finished, they cleaned up and played together outside (pictures later).  After they came inside, they signed their name in the "from" section of a card and handed it to the person who was receiving a Valentine.  Each person got one Valentine from each person in the class.








On Thursday, the weather was beautiful!!!  Here are the children all playing together.


It was so nice that I even set up the water table.


No comments:

Post a Comment