Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ww is for Whales

Ww is for whales, the 5 W questions (who, what, when, where, why), washing machine, and wolf.  Our action is a washing machine and it's sound is the /w/ sound.  Walter the Wolf (my puppet) barks with the /w/ sound.

I want to thank the Tuesday/Thursday class parents for helping me out by showing your children pictures of whales and talking about the letter w in the beginning of words!  I was sick and so was my daughter and that caused me to only be able to teach your child the Ww lesson in one day instead of two.  Of course we will review it during circle time, but I just want to put it out there that I appreciate your help.  The Monday/Wednesday class was able to get two days for the letter Ww.  Instead of art, we did a science project on Wednesday (which we tend to do on Fridays).

The letters we practiced writing were the letters "c" and "a".

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take any pictures of the children in Tuesday's class, because I was trying to teach as much as I could and I forgot to get my camera out.  These photos are of the Monday and Wednesday classes:

After a week of not seeing each other, it was nice to finally play together.



One of our science kits




voting and making predictions






Pretending to be whales while I played whale songs.


Ah, great - there's my daughter with her finger up her nose.






Check out these two videos of the two classes pretending to be whales.  They both do it very differently:




I'll be teaching Ff is for farms on Thursday and Friday of this week and then on Monday and Tuesday of next week.  I'll post that blog on Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. When I tried watching the videos they didn't work. Hopefully they will be ready to go later.

    ReplyDelete